Cornbelt Running Club is a Title 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered with the State of Iowa, with over 2500 members, established in 1974. We are among the largest clubs in the national association of Road Runners Club of America ( RRCA) and have been a member of that association since the early 1980s.
The CBRC is centered in the Quad Cities, USA; a beautiful metropolitan area that is situated on both sides of the Mississippi River and includes Davenport and Bettendorf, Iowa with Rock Island, Moline, and East Moline, Illinois.
The Club's mission is to promote good health and fitness through the sport of running and walking. The Club also provides services to the community by supporting charitable organizations who raise funds by staging road races and walks. These services include volunteer support, discount rates on equipment rental and advertising in the CBRC News , our club's newsletter -- race calendar listings are free.
The Club is also active in children's running by sponsoring the Junior BIX 7 and sponsors a free children's summer track program in conjunction with the Davenport Park Board. We strive to put on quality events for the entire family at an affordable price.
In order to do so, the Club needs sponsorship funds in addition to membership fees. Members are not charged for such programs as weekly track workouts, winter meetings, annual picnic, BIX@6 training runs and marathon training runs. They also receive 10 newsletters each year. Our newsletter is sent to over 1300 households.
Sponsorship of events includes the following:
- "In kind" services and products. For example: bottled water, cups for water stops, finish line refreshments (cookies, bagels, fruit, popsicles, pop, sports drink), printing of race applications, shirt design and screening, medical services, massages, media promotion, etc.
- Cash contributions.
Levels of sponsorship are:
- $250-$500 Sponsor name and logo are printed on the application form and screened on the race T-shirt. (Minimum sponsorship is $250.) Inclusion of sponsor promotional material in race packets and display of sponsor banner or sign.
- $500-$1000 Sponsor name and logo are printed on the application form and screened on the race T-shirt (Larger Logo). One full page advertisement in Newsletter (or its equivalent) at no charge, inclusion of promotional material in race packet, sponsor's name in media advertising and display of sponsor banner or sign.
- $1000+ Sponsor name and logo are prominently printed on the application form and screened on the race T-shirt. Full page advertisements in two Newsletter issues (or their equivalent). Inclusion of promotional material in race packet, sponsor's name in media advertising and display of sponsor banner or sign.
- $5000+ Title sponsorship of the event.
The above is a general guideline and can be tailored to a sponsor's needs. The Club is most grateful for any sponsorship it receives and works very hard to produce a quality event -- one YOU can be proud of! For more information, please call the Cornbelt Running Club office 563.326.1942.
There is much more going on with the club. Follow these links to become a member, meet the Board of Directors, purchase CBRC logo clothing, and mark your calendar for our winter meetings.